Keshia Knight Pulliam Is Now Defending Bill Cosby, So This Just Gets Worse And Worse



So remember this morning when I wrote about how absurdly awkward it was on The Celebrity Apprentice last night when a woman got fired for refusing to contact Bill Cosby and ask him for money? Well that woman was Keshia Knight Pulliam, who played Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show, and now she’s speaking up in Cosby’s defense. Isn’t that just GREAT??? (No.) Basically what happened in the episode is that all the cast members were supposed to ask their famous friends for money for a fundraiser, and Keshia balked at getting in touch with her old costar. Here’s what she told The Today Show about it when she went on this morning: “I know ‘The Cosby Show’ is in reruns, and everyone thinks that we’re this family that has dinner every Friday night, but the reality was I hadn’t spoken to Mr. Cosby. I felt that it would be tactless, very rude to call someone and be like, ‘Hey, so, let me have some money right now.’” And honestly, that was enough to explain her decision to me, because A. it’s what she’s been saying from the beginning, and B. the rape allegations really had nothing to do with her. For as much as I was bothered by the way NBC edited the episode and their failure to provide context for it in the wake of the resurfaced rape allegations against Bill Cosby, all of that stuff really has nothing to do with Keshia…which is why I’m so bummed that she went on to weigh in: “What I can say is this: I wasn’t there. No one was there except for the two people who know exactly what happened. All I can speak to is the man that I know and I love.”
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Sorry, quick question. Are we considering all the accusers as one person? Because otherwise, that statement should probably be amended to ‘no one was there except for the twenty-eight people who know exactly what happened’, right? To account for the fact that to date, twenty-seven women have accused him of assault? Seems like we should, but by all means, continue. “Ultimately, they’re just that, allegations. You know, it’s very much been played out in the court of public opinion. But we’re still in America, where ultimately you’re innocent until proven guilty. I wasn’t there. That’s just not the man I know. So I can’t speak to it.” Yeah but unfortunately…you just did. Read more: http://www.crushable.com/2015/01/05/entertainment/keshia-knight-pulliam-defending-bill-cosby-rudy-huxtable-cliff/

Publicar un comentario

0 Comentarios